Saturday, November 3, 2012

Song Time - Be Lifted High

This song came together in about 4 days.

It's a simple song that aims to exalt the Lord.  Hope you love it.



Be lifted high, God almighty
Be lifted high, Savior of the world
Be lifted high, God almighty
Be lifted high, Savior of the world
Be lifted high

No eye has ever seen
No ear has ever heard
No mind can concieve
All the wonders of Your love

Glory to the Lord almighty
To the one who was and is and yet to come
Joining with all of the heavens
and all of creation
"Holy is the Lord"

Here's some song notes that hopefully help deciphering what I've written here:
- The middle section references 1 Corinthians 2:9-10.  In it I'm trying to communicate the greatness of God's love.  That however great or incredible we have seen, heard, or understand God's love to be, it cannot compare to what God's love really is.

- A lot of times I sing songs that I have no idea what it means.  I just sing it cause it sounds nice.  So the part "to the One who was and is and yet to come"...yeah.  I didn't really understand that.  So I did a little researching and God is known as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.  He was there when the world began, he came to us as Jesus, and will come again for us one day.  It's kinda funny that I need to research the meaning to my own songs. Anyway, just being real with you.

- I did have an issue with the "all of the heavenS" line.  I thought about changing it to angels or something like that, but Psalm 19 says "The heavenS declare the glory of God..." So if it's in the bible, it can be in my song.  In that line though, I just wanted to encompass all things we think of as heavenly: angels, heroes of the faith (like Moses, David, Noah, etc), all of those who have past on...that we join with them in our praise.

No comments: