Saturday, July 14, 2012

I miss this...

In a little while, my family, myself, and a few others from our church will be going up to Alaska. We'll be helping out with a camp.

Makes me think about earlier times.  I'll try to blog about it more, but this is one of my favorite pics and memories.



We were at a smaller village outside of Savusavu, Fiji.  The house we were in didn't have windows or doors...just frames & we didn't have electricity.  So at night, we had to use our flash lights to see & when our team would have dinner or talk about stuff, we would notice dozens of little eyes staring at us following our every move...like we were a TV show.

The next morning, we got to hang out and play.  We passed out stickers and little bouncy balls...and other kinds of stuff.  It was really amazing to see how excited these kids were to get these gifts.  Made me think about how simple things can bring so much joy...and how we...I might take those types of things for granted living in Hawaii.

Moments like these have shaped...and probably changed the way I see the world and the people living in it.  There is a lot of beauty in the world, we just need to dig a little deeper sometimes to see it.




No comments: