Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wooden Heart by Listener

via RagamuffinSoul.com


Listener "Wooden Heart" from Nathan Corrona on Vimeo.

In whatever form, passion holds my attention for a bit...and that was the case with this video here: Wooden Heart by Listener (Dustbrandfilms) I'll confess, there were points where I was about to close the tab and move on, but the intensity of his voice held me...the conflict and struggle in his movements held me...the sheer visual beauty of the story held me. To be perfectly honest, it was hard to understand what he was exactly saying...until the last line:  we only have what we remember

And then I had to watch it again.

...because those 6 words resonate with something that I feel God has been saying to me: to remember
After (or when) you watch the video, click on this link for the lyrics to this poem and go through it again. On my second or third listen, more lyrics came to life and in a sense breathed some life into me:

"...but we're making it taped together on borrowed crutches and new starts 
we all have the same holes in our hearts..."

"...and my hopes are weapons that I'm still learning how to use right
but they're heavy and I'm awkward...always running out of fight"

"...all these machines will rust I promise, but we'll still be electric
shocking each other back to life"

"...because are church is made out of shipwrecks
from every hull these rocks have claimed
but we pick ourselves up, and try and grow better though the change
so come on yall and let's wash each other with tears of joy and tears of grief
and fold our lives like crashing waves and run up on this beach
come on and sew us together, we're just tattered rags stained forever
we only have what we remember"

Thank you, Listener.
"we only have what we remember"

No comments: