Friday, June 10, 2011

Lessons From the Road

So we are on a family trip and I am trying to blog from an iPad. Let me tell you, I miss having a real keyboard to type on. But one kind of neat thing is that you don't have to take it out of your bag when you go through TSA. I thought that was pretty cool.

The reason we left the warmth of Hawaii and trekked into the gray cold of the pacific nothwest is that my littlest sister is graduating from college. And as a result of being here for about one day, I feel I've learned some important things.

1. 56 degrees is cold.
2. It's only been 1 day, but I miss the sunshine.
3. I learn to trust God a lot more when I'm driving in an unfamiliar place.
4. I learn to trust God a lot lot more when I get lost driving in an unfamiliar place.
4a. My family learns to trust God a whole lot more when I get lost driving.
5. It's hard for me to get adjusted to the time difference.
(I should actually be sleeping now)
6. Expect a lot of crying when traveling with a child under the age of 1.
7. With all that said, it's good to be with family.

I want to write some more, but I gotta go to sleep. So....

Good night.

1 comment:

erin said...

hey J~
great blog! :) i enjoyed going through your posts. hope you guys enjoy the rest of your trip!

e.