Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hello again, the rapture, & Zach Smith

Hey there,

I've tried to blog a whole lot. Started at least 3 or 4 posts, but could never finish. Just not 'feeling' it I guess. Well, if you're still out there listening...reading, thanks.

One of the things I was gonna blog about was the whole Harold Camping, rapture thing. I didn't because I couldn't really say what I wanted to say. I kept getting side tracked. One thing I will say about the rapture and all of that is (as you may or may not have heard before) that Jesus himself says that no one knows the time when God will come back except for the Father (Mark 13:32). So when people are proclaiming the end of the world, I generally am thinking it will not end then.

But what this whole thing did get me thinking about was that one day there will be an end. Life is fragile and short. There is so much beauty that I know I miss because I take things for granted.

Here is the story of Zach Smith. I shared the link on Facebook a while back and for some reason, I thought of him tonight. The video is amazing.


The Story of Zac Smith from NewSpring Media on Vimeo.

I don't want it to have to take cancer, a tsunami, a tornado, or something even worse to learn the lessons that Zach is sharing.

This is kinda cliche, but Thank you LORD for today. For all the blessings You have poured out on my life. Big and small. Help me to not forget...to not take things for granted.

Zach passed from this world on May 16, 2010. If you want to know more about Zach's story...his blog is here: http://www.hello-righton.com/

No comments: