Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Still here...barely

Hey,

I'm still here. I haven't abandoned the blog.

I've just been going through a...I've just been going through some things.

Stuff like my faith and what it really means to be a follower of Jesus. & am I doing that or just living an American life with a little 'Jesus' sprinkled on top?

I think about our planet and how we can't afford to ignore how irresponsible we have been with the resources we have been blessed with. I've always thought or imagined that there was an unlimited amount of things and that this planet would always be able to sustain us. But there is a lot of evidence saying otherwise. Not only regarding fuel...but water as well.

Then the greed that driving so much of this. I feel like it's a gigantic wave that can't be stopped.

There is so much that is wrong.

But what can I do to make it right?

Not much.

But recently I felt like God reminded me that, in spite of my seemingly good intentions, it can never be about me. It has to be about Him.

Who would I rather have working things out? Me? Who is just one out of what is now 7 billion people on the earth? or Him? Maker of the Heavens and the Earth?

I'd take Him, too.

And even then it's hard 'cause there's always that pull to try to figure things out on my own.

Then verse from the bible came to mind and gave me some clarity:

So Jesus explained, "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does." John 5:19 NLT

I does comfort me in the sense that God doesn't want me to look at all the world's problems and fix all of them...although if that could be done, then that'd be great. But He wants me to watch Him and just do what I see Him doing.

That's seems easier.

We'll see.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: