Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Song time - Oh My Soul (the rewrite)

I've heard it preached/taught before that David was commanding his soul to praise God (in Psalm 103:1NASB).  That despite the hardships and difficulties we encounter (or bring upon ourselves), God is worthy to be praised and we need to remind ourselves of that...we need to sometimes command our soul to praise the Lord.

So here is the 3rd re-write of this song.  I think it is finished...
(Also I kinda messed up while singing it, but I'm too lazy to fix it up...and it doesn't sound THAT bad.)

Anyways...here we go again.

Oh My Soul



Oh my soul
Oh my soul
Oh my soul
Praise the Lord

He is good, He is good
and His love forever endures
He is peace, He is peace
Comfort for all who are in need
He is hope, He is hope
Like the dawn comes our Savior
He is God, He is God
Glorious, Sing my soul
sing now

Holy is the Lord
Holy is the Lord

Let everything within me
respond to all my eyes see
through the veil of faith and the living Word
Holy Spirit come let me see the hope
That I have in You
You alone are worthy to be praised
Forevermore
Hallelujah Hallelujah

No comments: