Monday, March 28, 2011

You & I



These are some lyrics to a song I wrote for my wife a couple years ago.  The title isn't that original, but I think the song itself isn't that bad.  I'll try to get a video or recording of it up some time.  But until then, it's just this:

You & I
In the beginning it was just you and me / you and me
Trying to do things right / learning how to love each other
Learning how to treat each other right
And though some people said we wouldn't make it very far
They didn't know what we had & we still have it
It's just a little thing called love

(and) If love is all we'll ever have
we'll be alright / cause love is all we'll ever need

You & I will always be / no matter what may come
no matter what may come
You & I will always be / no matter what may come
no matter what may come / just wait & see

Now as we go down this road together / you & I
We gotta help each other on / cause there'll be times in life
When we get tired
And we've seen our share of ups and downs already, you & I
But through the good and through the bad / one thing has never changed
One thing has stayed the same

1 comment:

oLive said...

awww love it! very sweet!